OUR COMPANY: Code Of Conduct
JOCKEY CODE OF CONDUCT
Thank you for visiting this page - a page with information on Jockey's ethical production standards. Jockey is committed to a healthy work environment and the well being of employees.
Global manufacturing has brought a whole new spectrum of possibilities. To succeed, Jockey is committed to high quality products - and high standards for our employees.
We, at Jockey International, Inc (“Jockey”) are proud of our tradition of conducting our business in accordance with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the laws of the United States and of the countries in which we produce, buy and sell our products.
Jockey is committed to legal compliance and ethical business practices in all operations and seeks to do business with suppliers who share that commitment. Jockey actively seeks to engage as its suppliers, companies that offer their workers safe and healthy workplaces.
Jockey will not tolerate exploitative or abusive conditions once known. The Jockey Supplier Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”) defines our minimum expectations. No code can be all-inclusive, but we expect our suppliers to act reasonably in all respects and to ensure that no abusive, exploitative or illegal conditions exist at their workplaces.
Jockey requires its suppliers to extend principles of fair and honest dealing to all others with whom they do business, including employees, subcontractors and other third parties. We also require our suppliers to ensure and to certify to us that no abusive, exploitative or illegal conditions exist at the workplaces of their suppliers and subcontractors.
Jockey will only do business with suppliers who obey the laws of the country in which they operate and the principles expressed in this Code of Conduct.
Jockey will only do business with suppliers who have certified to us that their business practices are lawful, ethical and in compliance with the principles set forth in this Code of Conduct. Moreover, Jockey will only do business with suppliers who have agreed to be subjected to the scrutiny of the Jockey Compliance Program under which they will be inspected and evaluated to ensure their compliance with this Code of Conduct.
- Forced Labor: Jockey will not purchase products or components thereof from suppliers that use forced labor, prison labor, indentured labor or exploited bonded labor, or permit their suppliers to do so.
- Child Labor: Jockey will not purchase products or components thereof manufactured by persons younger than 15 years of age or younger than the age of completing compulsory education in the country of manufacture where such age is higher than 15.
- Harassment or Abuse: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors must treat their employees with respect and dignity. No employee shall be subject to physical, sexual or psychological harassment or abuse.
- Nondiscrimination: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors shall not subject any person to discrimination in employment, including hiring, salary, benefits, advancement, discipline, termination or retirement, on the basis of gender, race, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, nationality, political opinion, or social or ethnic origin.
- Health and Safety: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors shall provide a safe and healthy working environment to prevent accidents and injury to health arising out of, linked with, or occurring in the course of work or as a result of the operation of employer facilities. Employers must fully comply with all applicable workplace conditions, safety and environmental laws.
- Freedom of Association: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors shall recognize and respect the right of employees to freely associate in accordance with the laws of the countries in which they are employed.
- Wages and Benefits: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors recognize that wages are essential to meeting employee’s basic needs. Jockey suppliers and subcontractors shall pay employees at least the minimum wage required by local law regardless of whether they pay by the piece or by the hour and shall provide legally mandated benefits.
- Work Hours: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors shall not require their employees to work more than the limits on regular and overtime hours allowed by the law of the country of manufacture. Except under extraordinary business circumstances, Jockey’s supplier and subcontractor employees shall be entitled to one day off in every seven-day period. Jockey suppliers and subcontractors must inform their workers at the time of their hiring if mandatory overtime is a condition of their employment. Jockey suppliers and subcontractors shall not compel their workers to work excessive overtime hours.
- Overtime Compensation: Jockey supplier and subcontractor employees, shall be compensated for overtime hours at such premium rate as is legally required in the country of manufacture or, in countries where such laws do not exist, at a rate at least equal to their regular hourly compensation rate.
- Contract Labor: Jockey suppliers or subcontractors shall not use workers obligated under contracts which exploit them, which deny them the basic legal rights available to people and to workers within the countries in which they work or which are inconsistent with the principles set forth in this Code of Conduct.
- Environment: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors will comply with environmental rules, regulations and standards applicable to their operations, and will observe environmentally conscious practices in all locations where they operate.
- Customs Compliance: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors will comply with applicable customs laws and, in particular, will establish and maintain programs to comply with customs laws regarding illegal transshipment of apparel products.
- Security: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors will maintain facility security procedures to guard against the introduction of non-manifested cargo into outbound shipments (e.g. drugs, explosives bio hazards and /or other contraband).
- Legal and Ethical Business Practices: Jockey suppliers and subcontractors must fully comply with all applicable local, state, federal, national and international laws, rules and regulations including, but not limited to, those relating to wages, hours, labor, health and safety, and immigration. Jockey Suppliers and Subcontractors must be ethical in their business practices.
- Penalties: Jockey reserves the right to terminate its business relationship with any supplier who violates this Code of Conduct or whose suppliers or subcontractors violate this Code of Conduct. Jockey reserves the right to terminate its business relationship with suppliers who fail to provide written confirmation to Jockey that they have a program in place to monitor their suppliers and subcontractors for compliance with this Code of Conduct